Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

EGGS RETRIEVED!!!

Me in Recovery

Last Thursday I had the egg retrieval! All went well! But I did not feel to well for a few days after, so it has taken me a few days to let everyone know what happened!!! We arrived at 0730, and was whisked right into the procedure room, were they started my IV and I waited. You know..it's hurry, hurry, hurry to wait, wait wait! hehe! Kyle did not get to join me while in the procedure room...because he was doing his own business! Then my wonderful doctor came in and started ASAP!!! I remember waking up a bit in the procedure, but she gave me a few more IV margaritas and I was good to go! After the procedure was over, I woke up and Kyle was right by my side!!! It was so sweet and nice...the first thing I immediately asked was.....HOW MANY DID THEY GET??? He said 19-20 mature follicles is what Dr. V said!! I was so excited! So then we went home and I slept the rest of the day. Friday my nurse G called and told me, they really retrieved 24 follicles and 16 FERTILIZED!! She called me an "egg producing machine!!!"
Well, today I talked to nurse G again and she said they (the embryos) are doing GREAT and moving right along!! So tomorrow we will go and Dr. V will transfer the "blastocyst" (remember back to biology and cell division...my favorite topic) back into me. Then I am on pretty much bed rest for the next couple of days....But I am definitely going to take it easy because I WANT THIS TO WORK!!!! So I will be hanging out doing nothing.

I will let y'all know how we are doing ASAP. I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for there kind thought and prayers! I love it when you ASK question and want to know what is going on with me and Kyle and this process! I know that when you, ask YOU CARE!! And that is the most important thing to me! I am so lucky to have people care the way y'all do! I love you all so much!

Love from the bottom of my heart,
Andrea



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha...I have a picture just like this!Glad to hear that your little embies are growing, growing, growing. The worst part about tomorrow is that your bladder has to be FULL, FULL, FULL. Take is easy and stay off your feet for the next few days. Call me and let me know how everything goes (I'm working up at the school Tues, Wed, and Fri)! Good luck! Love ya...sending hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete